Erin at Coupon Cravings posed a question that got me thinking...she asked...what is your far from frugal splurge?
Check out her post here:
http://www.couponcravings.com/2008/08/whats-your-far-from-frugal-splurge.html
I'll admit--in the Koala household, we wouldn't be known as frugal for many reasons. We are, however, learning to save money in many areas--though we are not "gazelle intense" (for all you Dave Ramsey fans, you know what I mean).
Our biggest problem area? Dining out. We've reduced the frequency and cost of eating out, but we still do it quite often, so I'd consider it our far from frugal splurge.
One tool for reducing our dining out bill? Restaurant.com
Restaurant.com has reduced gift certificates, with restrictions. We have a local Puerto Rican resaurant (that we love-Yum!) that participates....their restrictions? The certificate can be used on any day other than Saturday. On the recent 80% off promotion at Restaurant.com, we bought $25.00 certificates for $2.00. That's right! Two dollars. Now there's a nifty way to save some money and still get to splurge on a night out.
Share your far-from-frugal splurge at couponcravings.com.
Also, Please comment here and share with me how you save money when you dine out.
Check out her post here:
http://www.couponcravings.com/2008/08/whats-your-far-from-frugal-splurge.html
I'll admit--in the Koala household, we wouldn't be known as frugal for many reasons. We are, however, learning to save money in many areas--though we are not "gazelle intense" (for all you Dave Ramsey fans, you know what I mean).
Our biggest problem area? Dining out. We've reduced the frequency and cost of eating out, but we still do it quite often, so I'd consider it our far from frugal splurge.
One tool for reducing our dining out bill? Restaurant.com
Restaurant.com has reduced gift certificates, with restrictions. We have a local Puerto Rican resaurant (that we love-Yum!) that participates....their restrictions? The certificate can be used on any day other than Saturday. On the recent 80% off promotion at Restaurant.com, we bought $25.00 certificates for $2.00. That's right! Two dollars. Now there's a nifty way to save some money and still get to splurge on a night out.
Share your far-from-frugal splurge at couponcravings.com.
Also, Please comment here and share with me how you save money when you dine out.


No comments:
Post a Comment