Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lunch Time Grocery Run

Have you picked up your copy of the All You magazine from Wal-Mart? If not, you should!
Here is what I got on my trip today:
15 packets of Kool-Aid
1 package Oscar Mayer Beef hot dogs
1 container Crystal Light
1 Kraft 12oz cheese slices
1 Kraft 16oz salad dressing
1 loaf bread
1 package lentils
1 can green beans
1 avacado
My total came to 23.54, after coupons total out of pocket 8.54--Total saved: 15.25. Percentage Saved: 63.7%!
I used 5 buy 3 Kraft items, get "x" free coupons--from the All You magazine--the first part of the list are the free items. If I had skipped the bread, lentils, green beans, and avacado I would have received the first part of the list for 3.00--for the 15 Kool-Aid packets. One Kool-Aid packet=1 Kraft item. I think this is my best "deal" at a grocery store yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You won the give-away over at Beyond the Garden - come on over and see what you won!

Lisa said...

Nice trip. I plan another Wal-mart run with my second copy of All You.

Homemom3 said...

we went over the weekend with the coupons for the cheese, wheat thins and crystal light and the lady was having a cow because we shouldn't be able to use koolaid. hehe.

Cris said...

Hey there. I ran across your site and was just wondering where you picked up the CVS'ing skills. I try to be a frugal shopper ie. coupons, etc. But I keep reading more about the bargain shopping and I'm really interested in trying to gain more knowledge or tips. Any direction you could point me would be great. I have, however, just discovered free sampling. Thanks for any help/advice you can offer. God Bless!