
First of all--let me say, I never in a million years would have dreamed that I would have a blog--and that on that blog, I'd write about poop.
*Sigh* Motherhood really does change everything doesn't it?
A couple of nights ago I was resting (recovering from a stomach bug), when I heard my husband say "Can you please come help me?"
I ran into my son's room to find him covered in poop, Daddy Koala with poop on his shirt, and was informed there was a huge pile of poop on the carpet in our living room.
We decided Daddy Koala would clean up baby Koala, and that I'd tackle the pile of poop.
I soon discovered I did not have any carpet cleaner....and looked through my cleaners to try to find a solution.
Shout works well for the stains on my clothes, so I thought I'd try to Shout the poop out of my carpet.
You know what? It worked beautifully.
My frugal tip? Make what you already have work --you don't need a cleaner for everything--if it works for clothing stains, it might just work for pile of poop on the carpet stains too.
Shouting it Out worked for me!
What do you use to clean up those "blow outs?"


6 comments:
Motherhood changes everything indeed.... Blogs.... blog posts about poop... Shouting out poop! :) Great idea!!
LOL. Thank you so much for posting this. I needed a reminder about how my day could have been worse!!
Years ago, when this happened, I bought a carpet cleaner (a Hoover from Target).
The day I brought it home, my daughter became sick and threw up on the carpet in the same room as the poop stains.
I haven't regretted having the carpet cleaner ever since. We have used it many times (usually for throw up). I even used it this week, to clean up pee from a child who decided to get out of bed and sleep on the carpet all night (and whose diaper is never sufficent at night).
If I was rich, I would buy every new mom a carpet cleaner for a baby shower gift.
Great post! Too, funny!
Yikes! Glad you were able to get it out! :D
Haha, there is nothing wrong in talking about poop on your blog, since it concerns about the huge pile of poop anyways. When I first experienced that kind of dilemma, I was pretty vexed since it was my young brother who did that. Vexations aside, I called the carpet cleaning (Addison-based cleaners) that my friends recommended to get rid of the problem.
What made me happy on their service is the fact that they use eco-friendly cleaners that isn't harmful to my pet dog or our respiratory health. Thank goodness they've recommended me to these carpet cleaning (Addison, IL) servicemen.
Post a Comment