Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Day, Verses

We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year--for about 12-14 people.

I'm brainstorming a last minute idea, that includes having a bible verse for each person.

I have a few in mind already, but am in need of more--please share your favorites or any related to being thankful in the comments below--I'd really appreciate it!

A couple I have so far:

Micah 6:8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Phil. 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Psalm 69:30 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Col 2:7
Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.

Jhn 1:16
We have all benefited from the rich blessings he brought to us--one gracious blessing after another.

Luk 10:27
The man answered, " `You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.' And, `Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Eph 3:19
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. Proverbs 3:13