It's only been 18 months since I did this the last time--this=giving birth--but it is amazing how much I've forgotten!
Since I hit 37 weeks this week, I think it is time to pack my bags!
Pre-made packing lists work for me! I feel like I will be much less likely to forget an essential by using some of the lists I've found:
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/labor-delivery/basics/checklist-packing-your-overnight-bag/
http://www.babycenter.com/packing-for-the-hospital-or-birth-center
http://www.gerber.com/Tools/Hospital_Packing_List.aspx
I'd also love to hear what you think is a "must" to have while in labor. Please leave any suggestions below!
Head over to www.wearethatfamily.com for more WFMW!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
This isn't necessarily a must, but I honestly wish I would have thought to bring make up. I hate all the pictures of me at the hospital because I look so tired and blah! If I were to just have used a bit of make up I would be much happier. Good luck!
We had 4 babies and I learned to bring a bunch of quarters. There were so many times, late at night, when my husband needed a snack or a soda and the deli would be closed so he had to go to a vending machine. Now, I always bring a baggie full of quarters to anyone staying in the hospital.
I posted about this back in May, a week before my boy was born. Hope my list helps!
http://jeniallen.blogspot.com/2009/05/wfmw-packing-for-hospital.html
I gave birth on Christmas Eve, and as we were leaving for the hospital my partner decided to bring one of my presents for me to open there. It was a HUGE book of one-panel cartoons (from The New Yorker) and it was WONDERFUL for reading during labor because it suited my short attention span and it got me laughing!
Another important thing to have is your favorite mouthwash, in case you throw up. I was too distracted to brush teeth, but it would've been nice to get a better taste in my mouth.
My baby was in the hospital 2 extra days for jaundice treatment, and I stayed the whole time even though I'd been discharged. My partner went home and brought me ibuprofen (because the hospital wouldn't give me any after discharge), a flannel shirt (for staying warm while sitting up all night), and another book. If I have another baby I'll pack all those things just in case.
I hope you have a wonderful birth!
Post a Comment