Monday, January 5, 2009

Farewell Size 8!

A couple of months ago I was thrilled to buy a pair of size 8 jeans--that fit, perfectly.

You see, normally I'm a size 10 or 12--and post pregnancy, let's just say much larger.

Thanks to breastfeeding and a milk free diet (due to baby Koala's milk sensitivity), I was back in single digit sizes. I can't recall when I was single digit sizes prior to this perfect pair of size 8 jeans.

Did you notice I said was?

It's official, I'm back in the double digits again. That was short lived, huh?

Yes, but I have a good reason (or maybe one not so good reason, and one really good reason). I reintroduced milk to baby Koala through my diet--he tolerates it now (yay)! I am eating milk products, and my body is not loving it. I weaned baby Koala last week, so I'm not burning the extra calories any more (darn)!

That said, I think I'll blame the double digits on the really good reason--baby Koala is going to be a brother.

We are expecting around August/September-ish (I have the ultrasound this week to determine the due date).

This helps me understand why I've been too tired to coupon, deal hunt, and yes even blog.

I'm trying to scrounge up the energy to get motivated to do all of those things again. For me, the most severe 1st trimester symptom is extreme exhaustion--last time we found out the cause was anemia.

We are excited to welcome in the new year with the news of this blessing!
Oh, and size 8? I hope to see you again in around 18 months...

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Congratulations and thanks for the book recommendation!

Ryann said...

Congrats! If I were there with you in person, I'd raise my glass and toast you this: "Here's to a healthy and LONG pregnancy!"

So excited for you guys!