I'm a big Carter's fan, but this is a cause for concern: http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/2008/10/carters-refund-due-to-cpsc-advisory-on.html
See if you have any of the possible impacted items--by viewing pictures here: http://www.chieffamilyofficer.com/2008/10/cpsc-advisory-tagless-labels-can-cause.html
Please pass along this information to anyone who has kiddos who wears Carter's.
We'll be looking through Koala's clothes tonight (after trick or treating:-), to make sure we don't have any of the "bad" tags.
Update: I've done a little more reading, and it appears the chemicals causing this could be in other brands of "tagless" clothes--it might be wise to look at all of the clothing, and some are suggesting medical tape over the "tag" area to create a protective layer between your baby's skin and the chemicals used for these "tags."
2nd Update:
Thanks to Allison for the Carter's website link about the situation:
http://www.carters.com/Corporate/tagless_message.aspx
Some kiddos are having some severe reactions, but hopefully this isn't happening to too many-it looks awful. Poor babies!
http://taglesstorture.blogspot.com/
Thanks to Allison for the Carter's website link about the situation:
http://www.carters.com/Corporate/tagless_message.aspx
Some kiddos are having some severe reactions, but hopefully this isn't happening to too many-it looks awful. Poor babies!
http://taglesstorture.blogspot.com/


4 comments:
Oh no! I hadn't heard of this yet. Better safe than sorry.
http://blog.handmadebycole.com/2008/11/giveaway-winners.html
I can't get an email to go thru to you it keeps bounceing back.
You WON!
please email me at nicholejordanblog AT yahoo DOT com
You may have discovered in your additional reading that some people think tagless labels from beyond the 2007 line are causing problems also. I think this is one of the worst recalls ever, because it's hard to avoid - almost all of my kids' clothes are tagless (though most are not Carter's and don't seem to be causing a problem). Thanks for spreading the word - I'll have to check out that Carter's link!
I just wanted to let you know that I got my envelope to return items yesterday. i did find a pair of pajamas with tags that had this type of label.
Mercedes
Post a Comment