Monday, December 20, 2010

Tis' the Season

Tis the season
  1. of runny nosed babies who need extra cuddles
  2. of cookie making scaled way down - less stressful, more fun
  3. of shopping, and a list still a mile long 5 days pre Christmas
  4. of creativity (lacking this year!), but hoping to make time for some projects
  5. of (no) Christmas tree until 3 days before Christmas
  6. of recipes needing to be planned for Christmas breakfast
  7. of grocery shopping needing to be done - and avoiding it because the it will be a crazy long shopping trip
  8. of wondering if consciously trying to slow down from the hustle and bustle will backfire as I come up with more mile long to do lists on Christmas Eve:-)
  9. of Sugar Cookie decorating and my excited little boy delivering them to our neighbors, and being invited in to visit
  10. of letting him pour out the sprinkles and eat them by the handful
  11. of cute Christmas Pajamas
  12. of coffee with friends
  13. of breakfast with friends
  14. of breakfast with Santa at church
  15. of cute Christmas crafts being sent home - Santa with a cotton ball beard - love it
  16. of Chrismas programs - my precious godson with a speaking part, and watching my kids enjoy it all
  17. of sugar on bread (cinnamon toast) and cocoa in front of the fire with my kiddos and the love of my life
  18. of anticipating baking a birthday cake for Jesus
Wow - I could go on and on. As I review the list - I realize the things that get left undone won't really matter. We will embrace each other - embrace the reason for the celebration, and simply love.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I really hope to make a birthday gift next year! And my cookie making was way down and I think my body was better for it!

Steph