Friday, October 30, 2009

Lost and Found


Somedays I remember the days..
the days where my mind was sharper,my memory clearer.
I was the rolodex at work. Tara,

who do we go to for this issue?
What is their phone number?
I was the phone book at home. Tara,
what is Jarrod's phone number?
I was the calendar. Tara,
do we have anything going on in November?
I am not a rolodex, phone book, or a calendar.
My mind has no room for that--instead, I am Mommy.


I am the medicine giver-and I remember, most of the time.
I am the milk feeder-all hours of the night, and by pump during the day.
I am the "owie" kisser, song singer, and "Night-Night Moon" reader.
My children don't mind if I forget the lyrics, or miss a page.

Memory lost. Love found.
This post is linked at www.mommyjourney.com, part of Mommy Moments.
The gift? Love found.

2 comments:

JonaBQ said...

so true! precious gifts are the love we got from our kids :)

the poems nice.

My Precious Gifts

Chris said...

beautiful post! thanks for linking with us today :D hope to see you again next week...