Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Getting my thoughts organized...

I've had a few requests for info on how to get started with couponing, so I am going to use this post as a way to try to get my thoughts organized on coming up with a "tutorial."

1) try to get rid of your brand loyalty--at least try "other" brands IF it is a good deal (obviously you won't want to compromise on all of this--like me, I'm not willing to change my AngelSoft TP:-)

2) get a CVS Extra care Card--more to come on this!

3) Subscribe to the newspaper (at least in SA this is much cheaper than buying each week--I'll be doing this for SUNDAY ONLY--and it is only $1 per week)

4) total up how much you currently spend on food and toiletries (groceries and eating out)--this was a HUGE expense for us, but we have significantly cut it back over the last month by using a list, CVSing, using coupons and shopping sales

5) start a spreadsheet to track how much you are saving--this is a good motivator to stick with it

6) buy only things you need, but not necessarily what you need right now--start a stockpile

7) I'm trying to figure out a way to better organize my coupons--I use envelopes now--more to come on this.

8) sign up for a "dummy" e-mail account i.e. hotmail so when you sign up for coupons you won't get spam to your normal account

9) when signing up for mailings or even coupons online, you can use "valued customer" as your name if you don't want to use your own

that's all for now...more later

No comments: